- Rush Street Interactive (RSI) will launch their BetRivers Sportsbook mobile platform in Louisiana on Friday, January 28.
- RSI now has a retail and/or online presence in twelve states: Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Michigan, Indiana, Virginia, Colorado, Iowa, West Virginia and Arizona.
- At press time, there are seven sportsbook apps confirmed to be launching in Louisiana on Friday.
Although the Louisiana Gaming Control Board doesn’t have a complete tally of which mobile sportsbook apps will launch on Friday, January 28 we’ve counted seven as of this writing. Barstool Sportsbook, FanDuel, DraftKings, Caesars, Betfred and BetMGM. The seventh confirmed launch will be BetRivers Sportsbook, owned and operated by Chicago based Rush Street Interactive (RSI). RSI announced the launch of BetRivers Sportsbook in Louisiana via a press release.
Rush Street Interactive, Inc. (NYSE: RSI) (“RSI”), a leading online sports betting and casino company in the United States, today announced that its award-winning BetRivers Sportsbook is launching in Louisiana this Friday, January 28, 2022. Sports fans aged 21 and over in permitted parishes can pre-register now from their computers or mobile devices at BetRivers.com and place bets tomorrow after 8:00am CT.
The business about the ‘permitted parishes’? We addressed that earlier today in our article about Barstool Sportsbook’s Louisiana launch:
Sports betting in Louisiana is shaping up to be a mixed bag. The biggest issue is the ‘parish level’ approval process (a ‘parish’ in Louisiana is basically the same thing as a county everywhere else in the United States). Sports betting was put to a referendum on a parish by parish basis and 55 of 64 of them voted to approve it. This arrangement not only prohibits retail sports betting in the nine parishes that voted it down, it also prohibits the unfortunate residents of these cultural backwaters from mobile and/or online play. Can you imagine how pissed off you would be if you lived in one of these places? Not only would you lack running water, an education past the third grade or teeth you’d have to leave the parish just to place a sports bet. The Louisiana parishes where sports betting is prohibited are Caldwell, Catahoula, Franklin, Jackson, LaSalle, Sabine, Union, West Carroll and Winn. Interestingly, all of these counties have a poverty rate in excess of 20% except for LaSalle (19.5%) and Union (18.1%). Way to build up that economic base!
Here’s some of the features that RSI is planning for their Louisiana app:
- Huge volume of betting content for maximum variety and entertainment;
- Live streaming of a wide variety of sports;
- Wide range of deposit and withdrawal methods;
- Industry fastest conversion of bonuses to cash, with 1x playthrough requirement;
- Speedy & automated cash-out approvals, with more than 80% of withdrawal requests instantly approved;
- Professional & courteous customer service;
- Incredible range of pro and college football betting options including spreads, moneylines, props, futures, same game parlays, and more; and
- User-friendly responsible gaming tools, including deposit, spend and time limits.
And what would a sportsbook launch be without some type of promotional bonus?
To celebrate the arrival of the BetRivers Sportsbook in Louisiana, RSI is offering a $250 first deposit match bonus to all new customers and a $50 risk-free bet to customers who pre-register ahead of tomorrow’s launch. RSI’s sportsbook app was rated in the top 3 out of 35 mobile sportsbook apps in the United States market last quarter by independent gaming research firm Eilers & Krejcik, including ranking #1 in user experience and core player account management features such as registration flows and payment processing.
Richard Schwartz, Chief Executive Officer of RSI, is thrilled to be bringing the BetRivers Sportsbook brand to a new market:
“We are thrilled to welcome Louisiana and its avid sports fans to the growing RSI and BetRivers communities. At RSI, the player comes first, and we are committed to offering an unparalleled user experience – from our innovative, easy-to-use gaming platform to our relentless focus on responsive customer service. Sports betting is coming to Louisiana just in time for the NFL Conference Championships and Super Bowl, as well as in the heat of the college basketball season. We encourage fans in the Pelican State to join the fun now at BetRivers.”
RSI is now live in twelve US states with mobile and/or retail sports betting: Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Michigan, Indiana, Virginia, Colorado, Iowa, West Virginia and Arizona.