- BetMGM has announced the launch of their mobile/online sports betting platform in Maryland.
- Ohio’s sports betting market launched on January 1, 2023.
- BetMGM also has a retail presence in Ohio at the Cincinnati Reds’ Great American Ballpart and at MGM Northfield Park.
Any time a new sports betting jurisdiction comes online, BetMGM is likely to be there. They’ve announced that they’ve gone live on the first day of sports betting in Ohio. They’re offering wagering via the BetMGM mobile app as well as via their online platform at www.betmgm.com. They’ve also got a pair of retail sportsbooks in the state–one at the Cincinnati Reds’ home field aka the Great American Ball Park and at the Northfield Park harness track in Cleveland.
Here’s the official announcement blurb from the BetMGM press release:
BetMGM, a leading sports betting and iGaming operator, announced today the launch of mobile and retail sports betting operations in Ohio. Fans across The Buckeye State now have access to the BetMGM mobile app and can also place wagers within BetMGM’s retail sportsbooks located at MGM Northfield Park and the Great American Ball Park.
The BetMGM app features a user-friendly platform, giving Ohio sports fans the ability to customize pre-game, live in-play, futures, and parlay wagers. Additionally, integration with MGM Rewards allows BetMGM users to redeem their gameplay for world-class experiences at MGM Resorts properties nationwide, including MGM Northfield Park, MGM Grand Detroit, and MGM Grand, Bellagio and ARIA in Las Vegas.
Adam Greenblatt, BetMGM CEO, is excited to be up and running in another state:
“Today marks a monumental day of growth for both BetMGM and the sports betting industry. Ohio is home to thousands of passionate sports fans, who now have the opportunity to enjoy first-hand the excitement and benefits of wagering with BetMGM.”
Matt Buckley, President & COO, Midwest Group, MGM Resorts International added these comments about the retail betting operation at Northfield Park:
“The addition of legalized sports betting at MGM Northfield Park strengthens our reputation as Ohio’s premier entertainment destination. This new amenity will give our guests the ultimate sports viewing experience, while creating more jobs and economic growth for the state.”
Here’s the scoop on the two BetMGM retail sportsbooks:
- MGM Northfield Park: Located just outside of Cleveland, the BetMGM Sportsbook at MGM Northfield Park can be found within the award-winning gaming, dining, and entertainment destination. The BetMGM Sportsbook at MGM Northfield Park features an LED video wall and makes it easy for guests to access a variety of sports wagering options including five betting windows and 14 kiosks.
- Great American Ball Park: As the Official Sports Betting Partner of the Cincinnati Reds, BetMGM debuted an in-stadium sportsbook at the Great American Ball Park that is open to guests year-round. The 6,244 square foot space features 15 betting kiosks and three betting windows. The BetMGM Sportsbook at Great American Ball Park is located on the northeast side of the stadium and is accessible via the arena plaza level entrance.
Ohio looks like it’ll end up being a decent sports betting jurisdiction for gaming companies and players alike. There will be plenty more news to come from Ohio over the next few days.